The PowerShell script is an Azure automation runbook that pulls the below data and populates the data into a CSV file. The script then summarizes the data into an email’s body and sends an email to the recipient with the CSV files as attachments.
If the Azure automation runbook is scheduled to run every day, you will get a summary/high-level view of what is happening in your environment to your email box. The email could be the first report any organization’s high management would desire to look at.
1. Count of De-allocated Azure virtual machines
2. Count of Running Azure virtual machines
3. Count of Stopped Azure virtual machines
4. Count of Azure virtual machines that do not have native backup configured (Azure Back up and Recovery service)
5. Count of Inbound Security rules that causes vulnerability
Download the script
Email is sent via SendGrid service. You need to update the script with your SendGrid credentials.
You may choose a “Free Tier” pricing for SendGrid. Below is documentation to create a SendGrid account:
Note: The script is an Azure Automation runbook. You have to run it from an Azure Automation account.
If you would like me to add more data that would be useful as an Azure audit report, please let me know.